Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Verb Poems

This week in Year 2 we chose something we did in the holidays and wrote a 'Verb Poem' about it. It was quite tricky to keep to the pattern but here are some examples. Pop into the classes if you would like to see some more!

My Best Holiday My Holiday
Swimming, swimming. Scootering, scootering.
Diving in the pool. Scootering down the steep dry footpath.
Splashing at the people. Zooming to Waihi Beach.
Holding my breath. Scootering down the secret pathway.
Super swimming! Family fun!
By Priya- Room 10 By Charlotte- Room 9

My Holiday My Holiday
Eating, eating. Sleeping, sleeping.
Munching salty chips. Sleeping on the bouncy bed.
Chewing healthy weetbix. Lazing on the comfy bed.
Swallowing soft eggs. Dancing to groovy music.
Hungry holidays. Serena's stupendous sleepover.
By Troy- Room 8 By Holly- Room 8

My Holiday My Holiday
Sailing, sailing. Going, going.
Eating wonderful ice-blocks. Driving to Emily's house.
Sailing gentle seas. Playing on the shiny computer.
Skimming beautiful shells. Running around in the green garden.
Relaxing break. Fun days.
By Jack- Room 11 By Stephanie- Room 18

No comments:

Post a Comment